Your WhisperTek surface can be trimmed down to size with a few simple tools:
Retractable utility knife with a fresh blade
48" (120 m) long standard drywall T-square
Hard surface – such as a milled and planed flat board
10 cm wide painter's tape – or masking tape
Trimming your WhisperTek surface
- Lay the WhisperTek surface on a hard surface on the floor. The hard surface will protect the floor from the knife blade.
- Mark the cutline at 86" (2.18m)
- Align the T-square to the cutline. You can tape the left edge of the T-square to keep it from moving.
- Drag the knife edge along the full length of the cutline to score the surface. Do not press too hard on your first cut.
- Repeat the cut 2–3 times until the knife blade cuts through the WisperTek surface into the hardboard
Note: For new WM307i installs, order the WhisperTek HD surface.
Last updated: September 5, 2017