GeneralCreate text boxes to add to your canvas. Text boxes allow you to use more words than a note, and they can be resized to create titles and categories for your canvas.
Create text boxes from:
- The Span™ web app using a certified mobile browser
- The Span web app using a certified computer browser
- Span wall software
Note: You can also create text boxes by copying and pasting text onto your canvas.
Create a text box
On the web
- Select Text from the toolbar
- Either type the words or copy and paste them into the box. Select a new font color if you wish.
- The text box will automatically be added to your tray. The items in your tray are visible only to you. You can edit the text while it is still in your tray by double clicking it. Once you drag and drop your note onto the canvas, it becomes visible to all the canvas participants.
On the wall
Add a text box from the menu
- Press and hold your finger or stylus on the canvas to bring up the menu
- Tap Text
- Double-tap the text box to open the editing box. Add text and change the font color if you wish.
Include emojis using the Span™ keyboard
- Tap Done to close the editing box
Copy and paste text directly onto the wall
- Tap the applications icon on the far right of the canvas menu bar to get access to your files, applications and Internet browsers
- Open the document or web page with the text you wish to add to your canvas and copy the text
- Press and hold your stylus or finger on the wall to bring up the menu
- Click Paste. This will add the text you copied onto the canvas in a text box.
Note: If the copied text has less than 75 characters, a note will be automatically created
Edit a text box
Use the quick tools bar to
— open the edit box
— duplicate the text box
— pin or unpin the text box to the canvas
— change the text color
— open the link (will only appear if a hyperlink has been added to the text box)
Use the three-dot menu on the top right corner to
- Edit text: Open the editing box. You can also double-tap to open the editing box
- Pin: Attach the text box to the canvas background and prevent it from being moved. To undo pinning, open the menu again and select Unpin.
- Duplicate: Create a duplicate of the text box
- Font color: Select a new font color
- Delete: Delete the text box from the canvas. This action cannot be undone.
Last updated: July 13, 2017